VANCOUVER LAUNCH COMPETITION - TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The King Living Vancouver Launch contest (“Contest”) begins on Saturday 13th July 2019 at 10:00am PDT and ends on Sunday 14th July 2019 at 6:00pm PDT (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to legal residents of Vancouver who have reached the legal age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides, EXCLUDING employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of King Living Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”), its parent organization, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfilment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are ineligible to enter or win.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest, visit the King Living Vancouver Showroom and complete the Official Contest Entry Form (the “Entry Form”), with all required information, which may include a requirement to: (i) include First and Last name, Email, Phone, Zip code, opt in to join the King Living mailing list; and (ii) signify your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”). Once you have fully completed the Entry Form with all required information and have agreed to be legally bound by these Rules, submit your completed Entry Form (each, an “Entry”). To be eligible, your Entry must be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
4. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) the Entry Form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). All entrants and Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
5. There is 1 (one) prize, consisting of a King Living Low Back Swivel Armchair in winner’s choice of premium King Living fabric. The approximate retail value of the Prize is up to $2,383 CAD.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that the Prize or any component of the Prize is unavailable for any reason whatsoever. All elements and features of each Prize, except as otherwise explicitly stated above, are at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Each Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
7. On Monday 15th July 2019 at 11:00am PDT, a random draw for the Prize will take place South Granville, Canada from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The first entrant drawn will be deemed the potential Prize winner. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner to notify him/her that he or she may have won the Prize by telephone or email (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) within 2 business days after the draw. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within such time, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by the Contest Sponsor (which may, at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be administered via the full declaration and release form described in the following sentence). Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full declaration and release form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, voice and any other likeness, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as awarded and releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof. If the potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Prize winner).
8. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE CONTEST SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
9. All Entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/territorial and municipal laws. The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Website during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. The Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Entry Form, Website, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations used by the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its licensors or affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.